Thursday, February 23, 2012

Going to the Races

In trying to connect with more people around our local area, and because Tim and I love racing (watched the movie "Secretariat" last night), wehave decided to sponsor a race at the Otaki Maori racing club meeting at Otaki this Saturday 25 February.

If it's sunny (not that the forecast says it will be), everyone will be out in force in hats, sunglasses and sunscreen. If not, inside wearing raincoats and fewer happy smiles. However, binoculars to watch the action will still be the order of the day.

I will have my Transitions lenses, if it's a dull day as they will be clear unless the clouds break, when they will darken. And my Convertibles frame with clipon sunglasses in case the Met Service is wrong. All set.

I know that I am lucky enough to have several pairs of spectacles for different uses, but in many cases, a clear or Transtions pair isn't quite dark enough (especially behind the windscreen of a car) and having just a dark pair is too limiting when you walk inside or at night.

And it's fun to wear something a bit different - high heels, fascinator, racewear, elegant but fun sunwear....or a rain coat and something "practical". And happy smiles if my $1.00 investment comes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment