Friday, September 21, 2012

At work...in Taranaki....

Well, I've done two stints of three days each in New Plymouth, and have really enjoyed it (but it's nice to be home). First day up there, New Plymouth was the windiest place in the country, so I didn't get to appreciate it until this week when the sky was blue and it was warm. Really nice practice - wonderful colleagues and staff and the patient mix is different to that at home. I see people who are even younger than I am! Many of them are long-established farming families, so they have a familiarity with the province that comes of living there and visiting generations of family in the cemeteries. Kapiti has a few families like that, but most of us are "immigrants" - I've been here 22+ years and I think 25 makes me a local. I wonder what my children think, and will they stay here and marry other Kapiti people?

No comments:

Post a Comment